TECHNICAL WRITER (SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED)
The Technical Writer will support our Naval Information Warfare Center Atlantic (NIWC Atlantic) customer efforts developing technical and ILS documentation to include Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTP), and Concept of Operations (CONOPS), and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) that support the integration, installation, operation and logistical support of C4ISR systems. The position is located at our North Charleston, SC office.
RESPONSIBILITIES - TECHNICAL WRITER:
- Develop and modify technical documentation in support of C4ISR telecommunication / IT integration, installation and logistics efforts.
- Develop and update technical TTP, CONOPS, and SOPs in Government and industry formats.
- Work with team to develop accurate processes that represent integration, installation, and accountability of C4ISR equipment and systems.
- Ability to foster collaborative relationships, encourage teamwork, and promote cooperation.
- Use technical writing techniques and expert knowledge of the terms and procedures to ensure documentation is accurate, complete, and meets government specifications.
QUALIFICATIONS - TECHNICAL WRITER:
- Bachelor’s degree in technical writing, communications or related field.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in technical writing, editing and producing technical data.
- Experience with military telecommunication systems.
- Experience with DoD process and procedures.
- Expert knowledge of MS Office Suite.
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and strategically
- Experience with Shore Installation Handbook.
- Experience with satellite communication systems.
- Active DoD Secret Clearance
Systek offers a very comprehensive benefits package, including health, dental, life, disability, and long-term care insurance effective on an employee’s date of hire. Systek also offers a 401k plan, paid time off, service anniversary awards, and tuition reimbursement.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities