SATCOM SYSTEMS ENGINEER
The SATCOM Systems Engineer will provide technical analysis and guidance in support of SATCOM acquisition initiatives by Product Manager, Wideband Enterprise Satellite Systems (PdM WESS). This position is located in Orlando, FL.
- Provide technical expertise relevant to SATCOM modems, L-Band IF architecture, Digital IF architecture and associated subsystems.
- Deliver technical analysis, performance requirements, design review, integration support and consultation on complex problems.
- Provide systems engineering required to upgrade and modernize DoD SATCOM Gateway terminal equipment and to support the Earth segment architecture transition to Digital IF.
- Provide technical support for DoD SATCOM equipment development.
- Apply key subject matter expertise on modems, DSP and SATCOM technology to customer activities as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or higher
- Up to 5 years’ experience in any of the following areas: modem design or analysis, IF/RF design or analysis, Digital Signal Processing (DSP) systems engineering or analysis
- Test experience a plus: Spectrum Analyzer (SA), Vector Signal Analyzer (VSA), Bit Error Rate Test Set (BERTS), Eb/N0 test set, Vector Network Analyzer (VNA)
- Basic familiarity with IP networking fundamentals
- Good technical writing skills, including, specifications, analysis reports and test reports, with the ability to support military and industry standards
- Good verbal communication skills, including public speaking, technical meetings and technical collaboration
- Ability to work as part of a team or independently
Active DoD Secret Clearance required or ability to obtain one
25%-50% travel each month
Systek values diversity. Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities