FuseFX has an opening in Vancouver! We have an opportunity at our studio for an experienced and talented Network Administrator.
FuseFX is an award-winning Visual Effects Studio providing visual effects services for episodic television, feature films, commercials, virtual and VR productions. Founded in 2006, the company employs 500+ personnel across seven studio locations: our flagship office in Los Angeles, CA, New York City, Vancouver, BC., and Atlanta. Our offices in Montreal, Toronto, and Bogota, is serviced by FOLKS VFX. Folks joined the FuseFX family of brands in 2020
- Design and Enhance FuseFX’s network environments at all locations
- Ensure that the network is secure, available, stable, efficient, and scalable
- Supports and develops the definition, implementation and enforcement of technical architecture policy, procedures, and standards
- Configuration and Maintenance of Firewalls, Networking Equipment (Switches, Firewalls, Access Points), AWS (Amazon Web Services) Networking Services, and Windows and Linux Server OS’s for network applications that require it
- Completing network projects from end to end
- Provides technical expertise and advice to systems professionals in support of the application environment as well as be an escalation point for other members of the team
- Troubleshoot any issues with third party telco providers (ISP, Dark Fiber, MPLS connections)
- Make recommendations on hardware purchases, stay up to date on upcoming renewals for warranty and support on networking hardware.
- Assist with non-network related IT projects (Projects will include server builds, application installs, etc.)
- Support with moving computers, servers and any other IT hardware when required
Traits of a successful Network Administrator:
- 2-5 Years’ experience in a Network Support/Administrator Role
- CCNA/N+ preferred or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of Data Switches, Routers, Firewalls, VPN and Network Security
- Multi-vendor experience is a plus (Cisco, Dell, Brocade, Extreme)
- Experience coordinating resolution of technical and business problems while managing multiple tasks and priorities
- Ability to communicate complex systems information clearly and concisely
- Understanding of business needs and translate needs into system solutions.
- Ability to use, develop and integrate new technologies
- Knowledge/experience on network monitoring applications
- Strong knowledge of systems and computer networks, along with familiarity with TCP/IP concepts, such as IP addressing schema, SMTP, HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, DNS, etc.
- Understanding and exposure to security tools such as firewalls, IDS/IPS, A/V, anti-spam, content management, server, and network device hardening, etc.
- Strong grasp of TCP/IP, routing, switching, internet protocols (e/iBGP, ISIS, OSFP and EIGRP), firewalls, VPNs, and load balancers. Firewall: S2S, C2S, DMVPN, MPLS
- Strong grasp of L1-7 issues with xSTP, link aggregation, ACL, NAT
- Knowledge of IP Addressing, subnetting, IPAM, DHCP
- Solid understanding of Windows 10, Windows Server 2012 R2 and up, Centos 7/8, and VMware vSphere/ESXi
- Experience in the Animation/VFX/Media and Entertainment industry is a plus
- Excellent communications skills – Verbal and Written
- Ability to thrive in a team environment
- Available for after-hour work if/when required and subject to reasonable business travel.
Nothing in this job description restricts the Company’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The Company prohibits discrimination in employment against otherwise qualified applicants because of a physical or mental disability and will make reasonable accommodations to enable qualified persons with known disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job consistent with applicable law. The Company will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.